Thursday, June 18, 2015

Typescript Union Types + Resharper 9.0

So I just burned away a day of my life tracking down why my TypeScript definition files were giving errors on the Union type definitions (eg, function(value:string|number){/*...*/}).

After much searching around, it seems to be a Resharper 9.0 problem.  If you look under the type script section, up to version 1.3 is supported so this makes sense.  However, I could not figure out how to disable just the TypeScript stuff in studio.  So, then I decided to see if there was an update to resharper to handle the new language version.

Using the Resharper menu item and checking for updates kept failing with an error.  So I went to jet brains to see about updating from there.  I couldn't find anything for updating, only downloading full version, which is apparently how you update.  After the installer launches, you are prompted to update installed features or install new features freshly.

I eventually stumbled upon a blog post explaining that the update from 9.0 to 9.1 is jacked.  I don't mind that it doesn't work, however, I had to use google to find this post; it should have been more prevalent on the web site IMO.

Anyway, hope this saves someone some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment